Wednesday, September 30, 2009

but nothing ever happens.

I've got the next five days off work! yay! sweet sweet freedom, although there is the lurking weight of essays due the first week back that is hindering my light spirited feeling, although i will do the best i can to ignore it.
Today I have a fun lazy day planned. I'm going to print out some new photos (when am i not printing out photos) buy some hair dye, dye my hair, paint my nails, hang out with brit and....buy myself a leather jacket! last night i dreamt about one, and it was incredible and now I NEED one. I have been wanting one for many moons, and apparently now is the time. Hopefully they will be in next winter too. So yeah, if i can find a good one today, it's coming home with mama. Although, i just realised that maybe i WON"T find any, cause it's spring now. Shit. Hmmmm I'll check in civic tomorrow too.

Yesterday at work we had a talent contest for the kids, and i tried to do a backwards roll and i fucked up my hand and heard all the bones in my neck cracking ominously. Maybe won't try that again. Damn those spry seven year olds for trying to convince me I can prance about and do gymnastics.

Last night i went to elks for a dinner party :) Me mel elk alex and tom have carved out quite a nice niche for ourselves as the occassional five-some. It was fun, we hung out, watched seventeen again, and had a bizarely intense game of naming canberra suburbs until one can name no more! Elk gets the prize for making up the most suburbs, and alex gets the prize for naming the most super random suburbs that do not yet have any houses.

Old Elk Estate anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Hahha! I have no idea how to even do a backwards roll! Sounds freaking scary.
    That game was crazy intense
    "umm... Florey?"
    "THATS BEEN SAID ALREADY!"
    "uh... ok... torrens?"

    ReplyDelete